CEN 03/015 - Guidelines For Application Photo Scanning &
Upload For Online Apply
Before applying online, a candidate should have a recent passport size
photograph as per the specifications given below.
- Must be a recent (not earlier than 3 months) passport size
3.5cm X 3.5cm colour photograph.
- The photograph should be in colour, taken against a light coloured,
preferably white background.
- Look straight at the camera with a relaxed face, to get a clear front
- If you have to use flash, ensure there's no "red-eye".
- If you wear glasses make sure that there are no reflections and your
eyes can be clearly seen.
- Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable.
- Old/unclear photographs will lead to rejection of the application.
Scanning the Photograph:
- Set the scanner resolution to a 100 dpi (dots per inch)
- The image file should be JPG/JPEG format. Image dimensions can be
checked by listing the folder files or moving the mouse over the file image
- Size of the file should be between 15 KB – 40 KB
- Candidates using MS Windows / MS Office can easily obtain JPEG format
not exceeding 40 KB using MS Paint or MS Office Picture Manager.
Procedure for Uploading the Photograph:
- Browse and Select the location where the Scanned document template file
has been saved.
- Select the file by clicking on it.
- Click the 'Upload' button
- The software will display the uploaded picture in the Preview.
- Save the photo if satisfied with the quality of the image. Otherwise
repeat the process using a fresh photograph.
- The final step in registration process is to click on the "Complete My
Registration" process, after accepting the declaration, without which the
Online registration process is not complete. Failure to complete this step
will lead to rejection of the application.
- Note : In case the face in the photograph is unclear, the candidate's
application may be rejected