Free Study Material For RRB Examination
Subject : Mathematics (Pipe and Cisterns)
1. A pump can fill a tank with water in 2 hours. Because of
a leak, it took hours to fill the tank. The leak can drain all the water of the
(a) 43 hrs
(b) 9 hrs
(c) 10 hrs
(d) 14 hrs
2. Two taps A and B can fill a tank in 5 hours and 20 hours
respectively. If both the taps are open then due to a leakage, it took 30
minutes more to fill the tank. If the tank is full, how long will it take for
the leakage alone to empty the tank?
(a) 44 hrs
(b) 12 hrs
(c) 18 hrs
(d) 36 hrs
3. Two pipes A and B together can fill a cistern in 4 hours.
Had they been opened separately, then B would have taken 6 hours more than A to
fill the cistern. How much time will be taken by A to fill the cistern
(a) 10 hr
(b) 4 hrs
(c) 6 hrs
(d) 8 hrs.
4. One pipe can fill a tank three times as fast as another
pipe. If together the two pipes can fill the tank in 36 minutes, then the slower
pipe alone will be able to fill the tank in:
(a) 92 min
(b) 112 min
(c) 144 min
(d) 192 min
5. A tank is filled in 5 hours by three pipes A, B and C.
The pipe C is twice as fast as B and B is twice as fast as A. How much time will
pipe A alone take to fill the tank?
(a) 22 hrs
(b) 27 hrs
(c) 35 hrs
(d) cannot be determined